Monday, April 4, 2016

Volume 21 - Victorya Tkachenko




Volume - 21 Victorya Tkachenko




Ok, I'm a little rusty with my Russian..actually I don't speak Russian but i do speak Music and I am fluent in the dialect of Drums, just like our featured artist Victorya Tkachenco. It's amazing the people you find through soc. med. and in various music communities. Victorya is one of the kool people I am glad I came across. She's also a good drummer and doing some nice work in Moskow. Whether it's studio sessions or playing at a club, she is a proven commodity and serves the song well. I asked her if she would be so kind as to answer some questions for Talkin' Chop and she agreed and I think you guys will get a kick out her answers. Let's Go!



Name or Stage Name: Victorya Tkachenko

Where are you from? Russia, Moscow

How long have you been playing? Started when I were 16

What is or are your main genre of playing?
Rock, Rap, Pop


Can you mention some of your accomplishments: 
 For several years I was the advertising face of the drums to TAMA in Russia, my picture was hanging on one of the banners of the main page of their website.
Well, it was still nice when one of my video-covers ranked among the 20 best videos by country, in one of the competitions.



Do you have your own band? if so, tell us about it
I had my own group in the beginning of the activities. Now I do session work, collaborating with different musicians.





Do you play any other instruments? 
As a child I learned to play the piano. Now practice this very rarely, at home. When there is a desire, I can get the notes and something to remember. But I realized that they are not prepared to devote the same amount of time as playing the drums

What are your touring experiences, if any? 
it is always interesting to be in another place, I like it.

Describe your current set up & gear - heads and sticks included and why you choose these items? 
I have my own installation, but I use it rarely, as in the clubs and in the Studio, which I do, is always ready to work.
playing a 5B or 2B sticks





How do you describe your drumming style?
I love to play coarsely and densely in the spirit of RATM




Why did you choose the drums?
when I accidentally saw the first teacher of the installation, so he gave me the power that I immediately wanted to learn to play the most. Starting, to stop, I could not))

If you weren’t playing drums, what would you be doing? 
Now I can't imagine this. The most important thing in my life!

How has drumming impacted or changed your life? 
Anyway, my whole life was connected with music. But when it appeared the drums - she has become much more wonderful. Life has real meaning.

Is the music business your career? 
Of course, everything was originally built on pure altruism. Now it's my job.




Name an inspiring concert that made you want to go home and start Practicing? 
The very first drummer, loved me - Jeremy Colson. Being a seventeen year old girl, I had the privilege of meeting with him, to spend half a day, to socialize, to watch his game, show him a video of my game at dinner. So much energy and positive charge then I got that after returning home the desire to play more and more awoke in me.


Victorya and Jeremy


How much time do you practice? 
I try to do it every day

Do you record drum videos of yourself? if so, How has this helped you? 
Yes, I'm recording video. This is very useful. First, to look at ourselves after some time to see what things need to improve. Secondly, it helps in my job.


The Offspring - "Pretty Fly" Drum Cover


Aqua - "Barbie Girl" Drum Cover


Do you have a crazy or interesting gig you can share with us?
the funniest show was when I was working in India. you had to play an hour-long program with the "lining" of the monitors. All songs I heard for the first time directly during the performance. a very memorable experience))))))

What are your words of wisdom for your fellow drummers out there? 
 I always say that nothing is impossible. Everything depends on you. The main thing to have desire and to act, no matter what!


Last Words, Links, Hashtags and Thank You’s??? 
Listen to good music, dream, take action and materialize your dreams!







Yo Vika! Thx so much for giving us a glimpse into your world.
I think Victorya has a bright future ahead of her.
I would love to go to Moskow and check out the music scene there. I imagine it's pretty interesting.

Hey, if you or someone you would like to be interviewed for Talkin' Chop
please contact me:

DeHaven - de@oliomusic.com




#DrummersSupportDrummers #TalkinChop


I'm Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment